Suzuki Piano students wanted

Moderator: Jim DeVito

Michael Donnelly

Suzuki Piano students wanted

Postby Michael Donnelly » Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:13 pm

Our children's piano teacher would like to take on some new students. She currently teaches children from 3 to 16 years old. If you are interested please email me and I will put you in touch with her.
I hope this post won't be considered spam, if it is please go ahead and delete with my apologies. My motivation is to help keep the school strong. A strong school benefits all the students because in Suzuki method the children get together and play for each other. This is something she wrote for me to post here to help explain Suzuki and Kodaly:

The Suzuki approach is very different from the traditional instrumental instruction. It is a method of learning self-discipline through music, integrating creativity toward just about everything a young child needs to know. It involves the parent as the "home-teacher". First, as the "mother tongue" is understood only through meanings, secondly, as the child lays the foundations of audio-visual images and thirdly, as he or she is able to speak meaningful words without analytical thinking so does the desire for learning increase. Both parent and child become educated talent facilitators. It is an established fact that the child learns through parent-child securely consistent loving experiences. The child develops musical sensitivity, memory and self-discipline. All of these encourage the child to realize his or her highest potential.

The internationally known Kodaly approach involves cultural education through singing. Kodaly convinced the western masters of pedagogues that music education must be found in folk music. He established a teaching technique with syllables and body movements. Mental skills, rhythm, singing, listening and concentration developed. Kodaly composed for children since 1923 and emphasized early training: "Singing is just as important, if not more so than speaking." His choral designs illustrate the finest essentials in vocal group discipline. The students developed superior intelligence and exemplary social graces.

Return to “Lakewood Arts & Entertainment”