State of Ohio COVID-19 Update 04.09.2020

This will be the archive for the daily COVID-19 Updates and eventually all COVID-19 posts.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Jim O'Bryan

State of Ohio COVID-19 Update 04.09.2020

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:08 pm

Not a lot of new news. More promises and comments about the frustrations about the lack of testing and being on lock down.
As soon as we can we are going to get out of this. It will not be easy.

COVID-19 By the Numbers
United States
454,615 - Confirmed Cases ↑ 19,688 (4.52%)
16,074 - Deaths ↑ 1,286 (8.69%)
26,589 - Recovered

In Ohio
5,512 -
Cases in Ohio
1,612 - Number of Hospitalizations in Ohio
497 - Number of ICU admissions
213 - Number of Deaths

Mike DeWine

Things are turning out better than we thought. That is good news.

Why are these numbers so different than the projections? It is because Ohioans listened and did a bang up job,

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Jim O'Bryan

Re: State of Ohio COVID-19 Update 04.09.2020

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:37 am

I am seeing Ohio signaled out as this shining example of flattening the curve. And through many methods they have been able to prove, we are staying home and taking it seriously.

But after over a month taking this seriously Ohio lags behind most states in testing. This was noticed about a week ago when Ohio, stopped posting the number of people tested numbers each day. They are still available, and show that while testing is happening, "In extreme cases" according to Dr. Amy Acton. they are far behind where we need to be to get out of this quarantined state.

If you go back and watch the Daily Press Conferences you will see that both Gov. DeWine, and Dr. Acton have talked about lack of testing in Ohio, and that our biggest problem is the materials for the tests cannot be obtained. Swabs. test tubes, etc. This has been mentioned in our reports everyday as well.

So how Ohio is the shining example of how to do this is fiction. We have gotten here because of the good act of the people of Ohio, with minimal guidance from Columbus.

To their credit, they mention it at every press conference, and media never reports it.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Bridget Conant

Postby Bridget Conant » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:56 am

Redfield of the CDC was just on NPR and was asked how we could ease up restrictions without testing and knowing who is infected, especially since we are not doing the testing now.

He again insisted there were plenty of tests out there, plenty of supplies, but that the health care clinicians were not performing the tests.

VOTE out this incompetent and lying regime!

Dan Alaimo

Postby Dan Alaimo » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:25 pm

Jim O'Bryan wrote:I am seeing Ohio signaled out as this shining example of flattening the curve. And through many methods they have been able to prove, we are staying home and taking it seriously.

But after over a month taking this seriously Ohio lags behind most states in testing. This was noticed about a week ago when Ohio, stopped posting the number of people tested numbers each day. They are still available, and show that while testing is happening, "In extreme cases" according to Dr. Amy Acton. they are far behind where we need to be to get out of this quarantined state.

If you go back and watch the Daily Press Conferences you will see that both Gov. DeWine, and Dr. Acton have talked about lack of testing in Ohio, and that our biggest problem is the materials for the tests cannot be obtained. Swabs. test tubes, etc. This has been mentioned in our reports everyday as well.

So how Ohio is the shining example of how to do this is fiction. We have gotten here because of the good act of the people of Ohio, with minimal guidance from Columbus.

To their credit, they mention it at every press conference, and media never reports it.

I'm not sure about today, but as of a couple of days ago, one of the two local hospital systems had run out of test kits, so the drive-thru testing was shut down.

My source on this is impeccable but I'm not sure about their freedom to speak.

“Never let a good crisis go to waste." - Winston Churchill (Quote later appropriated by Rahm Emanuel)

Return to “COVID-19 Archives”