New Changes To Service At Lakewood Public Library

This will be the archive for the daily COVID-19 Updates and eventually all COVID-19 posts.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Jim O'Bryan

New Changes To Service At Lakewood Public Library

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:12 pm

UPDATE from Jim Crawford, Director of Lakewood Public Library:

Consistent with the Governor's orders today, I have decided to close the Library's drive-through window as of 9:00 p.m. tonight.

All staff is being sent home after this evening's shift, and staff shall remain off until further notice, and at least until midnight, April 5, 2020. Staff has been advised not to come to work until instructed to do so by a Manager. Staff will be paid for being off these next two weeks.

Only minimally essential staff will report to work during this period.

The Library's phones will be manned and staff will continue to serve patrons by answering reference questions from patrons, including students and educators. I am prepared to offer this reference service Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. for now, though I will meet with the Managers tomorrow morning to create a plan to expand quickly the hours and the days of this service to mirror the Library's original hours Monday through Saturday, 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., and Sunday 1:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.).

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Betsy Voinovich

Re: New Changes To Service At Lakewood Public Library

Postby Betsy Voinovich » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:46 pm

This notification refers to 9pm last night I believe. I just called the library and the pick up window is closed.

Bravo to our library for providing great window service (books we needed for school!) up til last night.

If you haven't figured out how the digital online service works, now's the time. Look up what you want from the catalog, and click on the Hoopla link.
You need your library card number. If you don't know it, you can call the library. They are still there to answer questions, and reference questions.

Betsy Voinovich

Return to “COVID-19 Archives”