Thousands Unemployed At 9PM As Governor Closes Bars And Restaurants

This will be the archive for the daily COVID-19 Updates and eventually all COVID-19 posts.

Moderators: Jim DeVito, Dan Alaimo

Jim O'Bryan

Thousands Unemployed At 9PM As Governor Closes Bars And Restaurants

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:26 am

Last night for the first time that I can remember all bars and restaurants in the city of Lakewood and in the state closed at 9pm. And of course there was an Observer there to observe and document. This time photographer Jacob Chabowski who has been documenting the Coronavirus moves and closing since day one.

Here is a link to his photos and report.

West End Tavern closing out. Still open for pick up or delivery.

Around the Corner closed and locked up at 9. To go and delivery only.

by Jacob Chabowski

Governor DeWine on Sunday ordered bars and restaurants in Ohio to close by 9pm due to the coronavirus outbreak. The decision came after thousands packed bars across the state Saturday night. DeWine hopes to limit large crowds and encourage social distancing. Take out options are still permitted, though it seems like many places are opting to close altogether. DeWine also announced plans to offer assistance to those who lose their jobs as a result of this decision.

Photos taken of Around The Corner (already locked by 9pm), Riverwood Cafe (which ask everybody to leave right at 9pm), and West End Tavern (which closed all tabs right at 9pm)

See all the photos here: http://lakewoodobserver.com/photoblogs/jacob-chabowski/bars-close-across-ohio-thousands-now-unemployed

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Paul blonsky

Re: Thousands Unemployed At 9PM As Governor Closes Bars And Restaurants

Postby Paul blonsky » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:05 am

I started a Facebook group with the unwieldy name, "Cleveland Area Food To Go During Restaurant Shutdown" it's currently open to anyone. Please post/re-post any restaurants you know that will be doing takeout/curbside pickup, contact info and modified hours. There's a master list I will try to update as often as possible.

Jim O'Bryan

Re: Thousands Unemployed At 9PM As Governor Closes Bars And Restaurants

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:17 am

Thanks Paul, the Observer has been offering that service to Lakewoodites for over a week now, as we prepared.

Good luck on your project, as of today, with the places I called, only Woodstock BBQ is not open for delivery or pickup.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama

Return to “COVID-19 Archives”