Those That Are Upset With The Clinic

A store house of articles, facts and discussions related to the loss of Lakewood Hospital, LHA, LHF.

Moderator: Jim DeVito

Jim O'Bryan

Those That Are Upset With The Clinic

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:46 pm

I have spoken with many people that seem upset with the Cleveland Clinic, and I do not
understand why. They gave employees a 19-month notice of possible job loss. That is an
eternity in layoff time. BP America would have a guard at your desk as you arrived.

The Clinic will hire for new positions from within the ranks based on seniority. The under the
table word is that most of the nursing staff will make it to Avon.

So they have treated the employees fairly in a difficult time, actually trying to get in front of it.

Likewise, I have heard nothing from them which I would classify as spin, or lies. They don't
have to they never have to and it is contrary to what they do. Let me assure you The Clinic
and University Hospital can afford to tell you exactly the way it is, and do.

The cards in Lakewood got shuffled today, and we got a tougher hand, we will play what
we are dealt and be stronger for it. Bet on it.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Grace O'Malley

Re: Those That Are Upset With The Clinic

Postby Grace O'Malley » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:57 pm

Well you are right, as usual. While I am a long time CCF hater, the current debacle is clearly the result of clueless, inept leadership by our politicians and "board members." Place the blame squarely at their feet.

Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:10 pm

Grace O'Malley wrote:Well you are right, as usual. While I am a long time CCF hater, the current debacle is clearly the result of clueless, inept leadership by our politicians and "board members." Place the blame squarely at their feet.

Grace

It's complicated. But I have gotten many messages over the past couple weeks begging me
to apologize, and take back the lies. Reveal my sources and come clean.

Through all of that the Cleveland Clinic people I talked to, were honest, insightful, truthful,
and said "I can't tel you that" when they couldn't. They never lied, mislead, or made things
up.

In my decades of dealing with the Cleveland Clinic they have always been honest. As I
have said in the past the concept of dealing with the Clinic is laughable. Especially with
Mary Louise heading the deal for City Council. :roll:

They are the 800lb gorilla in the room, they know they are they 800lb gorilla in the room,
they act like the 800lb gorilla in the room, and have needs like the 800lb gorilla in the room.

They don't have to lie.

The City should NEVER lie.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

Werner Heisenberg

Amy Martin

Postby Amy Martin » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:11 am

Sorry, Jim - but where is the outrage? The Clinic and the Mayor were equal partners in this ruse. We need to hold our administration accountable and responsible. I keep thinking of St. James parish. Had it not been for the organized efforts of the congregation, that magnificent church would probably be another micro-pub by now. Surely if such a small group of folks can change the minds in Rome, then thousands of us can change the minds at City Hall. Are we to believe that Toby Cosgrove and Mike Summers are more powerful that the Pope?

C'mon people, let's DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS!!

Bill Call

Postby Bill Call » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:03 am

Amy Martin wrote:Sorry, Jim - but where is the outrage? The Clinic and the Mayor were equal partners in this ruse. .........

C'mon people, let's DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS!!

It's not going to happen. People have already lost interest.

Jim would have you believe that the Clinic desperately wanted to keep and improve Lakewood Hospital but the evil Mayor and his minions thwarted them at every turn.

The truth is that the Clinic intended to destroy the hospital for at least 10 years and maybe longer.

Of course the Mayor and council picked Hospital Board members who had not interest in defending the Hospital.

From a local doctor:

"In addition, the decision by Dr. Loop more than 10 years ago to not assist the non-CCF independent physicians in their attempts to find replacements has largely led to the collapse of the core medical staff. Within five years, with Lakewood's progressively aging physician population, there will be almost no specialty physicians based in the city. The primary care physicians will be almost totally controlled by the CCF and will be referring our neighbors to remote facilities ...."

I've heard similar stories for years.

Lakewood should tell Toby NO.
Lakewood should initiate a lawsuit against the Clinic for breach of contract.
Lakewood should not accept a minute clinic in place of a hospital.

One idea:

.5% income tax to raise $7 million per year to fund a bond for a $150 million hospital improvement project in partnership with.... well I guess no one since they are all in this together and the City is as desperate to close the hospital as the Clinic.

I'd like to say I can't believe we are going to accept a minute clinic in place of a hospital but I guess we are.

Here's an interesting question:

Two weeks ago Mayor Summers was talking about a 100 bed hospital.

Did he know then that the hospital was to be demolished?

OR

Did he not know?

Either question brings an answer that raises questions about the competence and honesty of Lakewood government.

Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:09 am

Amy Martin wrote:C'mon people, let's DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS!!

Amy

Dr. Cosgrove has done nothing I would not expect of him. He is there to run the Cleveland
Clinic, and that is what he does. (rumors of many retirements high up at the Clinic, were
also swirling the streets of Cleveland)

HOWEVER, City Hall and our elected officials are there to protect us and serve US.

WTF!

To tell "their favorite real media" LIES and underlines why they can't be trusted. This crew
is morally bankrupt, and only care for a small handful of confidants, and saving their asses
in a series of foolish deals that have hurt our neighborhood and our city.

What self respecting Mayor calls for a conference to announce NEW HEALTH CARE and
1,100 jobs gone? What Mayor would cozy up to the person doing the deed and help them
spin it as a great thing for the future of Lakewood?

The same kind that is desperate to deliver a rec center to the city, no matter how much
we lose or how many fake committees they can throw together to PROVE WE NEED IT.

Yesterday you saw the Cleveland Clinic, brought their own curtain and sound crew, and
the best crisis management team in the country to handle PR. Lakewood City Hall found it
easier to just lie, giggle, smile and cover up.

Pitiful display, Madigan and Summers owe the city a very real and serious apology.

FWIW

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

Werner Heisenberg

Bill Trentel

Postby Bill Trentel » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:47 pm

Mr. O'Bryan is working hard for is CCF $'s.

Deflecting any blame away from is benefactors as he has for years.

No worries Mr. O'Bryan your $'s are part of the Toby's commitment to the community. Your checks are sure to keep coming.

Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:48 pm

Bill Trentel wrote:Mr. O'Bryan is working hard for is CCF $'s.

Deflecting any blame away from is benefactors as he has for years.

No worries Mr. O'Bryan your $'s are part of the Toby's commitment to the community. Your checks are sure to keep coming.

Bill

Really?

Do you think I am working for the hospital, more than I want our elected officials to be honest?
I hope you have some facts for this one, because slander that is baseless is bullshit, and I
would hat to think of you as just another bullshitter. :roll:

I get no advertising dollars from the other papers, and I am not paid by Lakewood Observer.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

Werner Heisenberg

Return to “Hospital Archives 2014-2015”