what's with removing facebook comments?

For notices from Observer staff & volunteers. Discussions, questions, and suggestions from readers about The Lakewood Observer, proud member of the Observer Media Family.

Moderator: Jim DeVito

chris richards

what's with removing facebook comments?

Postby chris richards » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:40 pm

i wasn't too surprised when i got home from classes to see the following facebook comments removed. it said they were moved to the observation deck, but when i looked... hmm... no where to be found.

Lakewood Observer
Look up!

It's A Bird, A Plane, Well Yes A Plane And...
lakewoodobserver.com

Lakewood Observer
Rick Uldrick always easier to be the troll eh?

Lakewood Observer
Rick/Lakewood Citizen, as long as you trolled in. Are you still bashing Lakewood because of "Those People" that are moving in? Are you still trashing city hall, the schools, and civic groups through your various fake names and mutiple websites? A real pitiful case you are. - Jim O'Bryan (speaking for myself)

Lakewood Observer
I am just telling it like it is, You hide through fake names I would think you would be the last person to talk about class Madison Dunk, Pizza whatever. Nothing more than a cancerous little troll.

Lakewood Observer
Still planning on attacking the library, city and schools Rick?

Lakewood Observer
I'm sorry I mean through one of your many aliases

Lakewood Observer
Grow up Rick Uldrick, make your kids proud.

Mike Gray
Is this really happening on The Lakewood Observer group? This doesn't seem like very good representation of a legitimate news source.

Lakewood Observer
Well Mike are you referring to the Lakewood Observer? Where we use real names and always have?

Mike Gray
Well I only see you here... Commenting on nothing. I guess I don't understand what you're angry about. I can only assume that your anger stems from a much deeper issue very close to your heart. Additionally, I don't think that singling someone out in a public forum on behalf of a business who promotes growth and unity is a very good move.

Lakewood Observer
Well when the person we are talking about trashes a city through various faux names, I think it is worthy of calling out, and the posting of his posts. I mean when a person lies about being banned, and when a person through fake names trashes the work of many, do you just smile and take it? Me I do not like nor respect people who hide and attack good public officials and groups behind fake names.

Lakewood Observer
Mike and then LCC/RickUldrick/MAdison Drunk, etc. deletes and runs away.

Christopher Richards
i don't think the LO is all that legitimate of a news source... it's more just a community sounding post and positive pr propaganda. and if you follow lakewood citizen's fb posts, they are usually informative, and positive, referencing other news sources. and you are right mike, this thread looks bad on the part of the LO as a community project supposing to support multiple views of the city.

Lakewood Observer
Chris - We do represent many views of the city as you well know, you have taken me to task many times. But you used your real name. You were not thrown off, you were treated to your discussion because we believe in open dialogue using real ...names. What we are talking about here is something very different, now isn't it? We are talking about a person attacking others for everything from lifestyle to economic stature to "those people" whatever that means behind many fake names. That is not what the LO is about.

Christopher Richards
yes, but you don't need to further goad those people by posting long insults using the paper's fb page to do so. because that is not what the LO is supposed to be about either.

Lakewood Observer
So Chris, do we filter through one person and those views, or should be able to trust the resident and businesses of this great city to own their own words and actions? I would prefer to leave the paper open to all, as it was when you ran your piece on the show. Was that a legitimate announcement?

Mike Gray
I think that the Observer dove into the scene without a solid goal and a solid outlook on what it was supposed to be. From what I've seen it's managed and looked at more as a series of controlled forums being carefully steered into dead en...ds. The newspaper portion of the Lakewood Observer does not mesh with it's online presence... and anyone who owns a successful business will agree that not only is that ridiculous, but it's actually harmful to whoever the business is trying to benefit.See More

Mike Gray
If I am not mistaken, Rick was banned from being able to post as himself. What's someone to do in that situation other than fight back? Look around the world right now and you'll get an idea of how that whole thing works.

Christopher Richards
what piece on the show are you talking about? i haven't written anything for the paper. if you remember, you asked if i wanted to write about my exhibit at bela dubby, and i responded by saying that it wouldn't be right for me to write abou...t my own show. instead, someone associated with the other artist wrote about it, who happens to be an arts promoter as well. i'd say it was a simple, and short review explaining what the show was about and for how long it will be on view.See More

Lakewood Observer
Chris, I love it when people tell me what the project is about. Seriously I love it, because I am always ready to try and explain what it was about, and what it continues to be about. You see most people grab one or two lines from the missi...on statement that suite their needs, without looking at the full scope of what is going on. And you know that both myself and the two boards will also listen to any and all comments in an effort to make this better. Now maybe you could tell Rick, and his many aliases to do the same. After all with everything we have been through, I hope you are willing to admit, I am open, as is the project.

Lakewood Observer
Chris, I thought that was written by the person helping you. My mistake. Still glad it was in.

Christopher Richards
you may be open, but pandering to his comments like you have doesn't help the image of the project.

Lakewood Observer
Christopher, possibly. But at some point, it has to be addressed, when a person continues to lie, about being banned from the Deck, and attacks through various names he has admitted to using. At some point the project, needs to be heard, and mistakes corrected. Isn't that true? Or does the LO allow the lies, and miss truths to continue?

Mike Gray
The mission statement needs to be completely restructured. People in the community don't view the Observer as a "vision", a "dream", a "celebration". etc. They view it as a newspaper. Because THAT (aside from that insane car) is the only thing visible to the community. Take advantage of what you've accidentally created instead of pushing forward with some personal agenda.

Christopher Richards
there are other ways to achieve those goals.

Lakewood Observer
Mike, Open to listen. The facts is many civic leaders from city hall, the library and schools worked for over a year on the concept, and how it should be done. It was done to address many things including incorrect news from outside sources..., and residents hiding behind fake names that often used as many as 5 or 6 on other Lakewood sites. While you may think it is not good at working together, but we just started 4 new projects after people looked at Lakewood and our other projects in 12 different communities. But always open to hear how we can serve Lakewood better.See More

Lakewood Observer
Mike, I am not sure of what you describe as a personal agenda? The Mission statement, was made, as was the rules with the help of city council, the school board, the library and about 20 residents. Many like to see it as only a paper but th...ere are 12 very different facts to what the Observer does, and all are in use by everyone from the Historical Society to politicians running for office, to retail businesses and non-profits. While the most visible part of the project is the paper, it is not the most used by far.See More

Lakewood Observer
Chris, Always open to other ways to achieve results. Again I think you know that about me, and the Observer Project.

Lakewood Observer
So Mike should I let you or others that seem to have animosity towards the Observer define it, or the board, and the people that use it and advertise in it? At the end of the day, I think the project has to be the one to define itself, as you define your self and Chris defines himself as a very talented artist.

Mike Gray
Here's what I think you should do. Come to the realization that your name... is the only name that EVER comes up when someone is talking about The Lakewood Observer. That says a great deal about how you view the "project" and how it has b...een gently sculpted into a little corner of Lakewood life (possibly your own personal agenda). I would like to see the same people (all of them) who started this "project" get together and really dive into what pieces of the "Observer" are seen by the community and where it has traveled since it was started. What you're telling me is that the Observer is serving as a central hub for any and all activities in the city whether they are politically or socially related. If you took a poll, not only would you find that almost everybody in the city thinks of the Observer as only a newspaper, but you'd also find that nobody even had a clue that the Observer does anything related to local business, etc. other than ads in the paper.See More

Mike Gray
The mission statement (every single line) is absolutely NOT how the community views the Observer.

Lakewood Observer
Mike, then we all have some work to do. Because outside of Lakewood Hospital there is no bigger supporter of Lakewood non-profits. That we offer more to businesses than any other project in Lakewood. We just do not brag about it. We see it as our civic duty. You cannot be serious that we change to what others think?

Christopher Richards
i don't define myself as a very talented artist. an artist maybe, but not very talented.

Mike Gray
I would think that the perception of community is more important than the perception of the people you work with on a daily basis if you really believe that you are tasked with trying to "amplify civic intelligence" (which is also only a co...ncept). You have TONS of work to do, sir. You have more work to do than you could ever imagine doing. Start by answering this: Why hasn't Rick commented in this thread? Where has he been? I'd want my voice to be heard if someone was publicly trashing me and my family. If you didn't block him, where did he go?See More

Mike Gray
I understand that YOU know what the Observer does. However, NOBODY else knows. You are a newspaper and a news source plain and simple. I'd LOVE for you to blossom into some great facilitator or community events and unbiased political for...um. But, it seems by your comments that you and the Observer tend to lean to one side. That means that you've got a public opinion. Which in turn means that you can only honestly represent yourselves when it comes to your outreach in the community.See More

Lakewood Observer
Chris, I love this. I for one think the term used by oneself as "artist" is highly suspect. Painter, sculptor, photographer are what people should refer to themselves as. I would let other apply the term artist. But you are, and you are very talented.

Mike Gray
I'm not attacking.. I guess that it just worked out to be that today is the day that you get to hear me. What I'm saying is what I mean, and it's what you should know.

Lakewood Observer
Mike, not really sure that works. Do you think the Plain Dealer changes their mission statement with the wind of opinion? The Plain Press? Others? Or do you think Mission statements are ideals that need to be goals and targets to shoot for.... A constant reminder of who and what it being attempted? I cannot answer for Rick, or the other names he uses. On the Deck he quit, deleted posts and left. Of course we kept the backups, as we try to keep comments and conversations both alive, and as a record. But it is America, and maybe just maybe he decided to do the same. I have no idea. Personally I find Rick and some of his projects good, but there is that other side when he hides I have to question. Trolls and people attacking behind faux names are some of the lowest forms of life out there. Go to the Deck, great conversation going on there right now about that started by s schoolboard member. As for me, I am, headed there right now.See More

Christopher Richards
i work in sculpture, painting, photography, and other mediums... and i'm not attacking either. rather than intelligently thinking about the issues mike and i brought up, you are turning this discussion about us.

Mike Gray
Jim, you just compared The Lakewood Observer to the Plain Dealer.

Lakewood Observer
Mike and the 4 page Plain Press. Let's not get carried away. Also NEVER trashed Rick's family. So let's stop with that BS right now.

Lakewood Observer
Christopher, absolutely not, still here answering questions taking notes.

Mike Gray ‎
"Grow up Rick Uldrick, make your kids proud" - Sure, maybe that doesn't look like trashing anyone on the surface... but why that? Why choose those words?

Mike Gray
Backups, America, Trolls, faux names, lowest forms of life. What are you going on about? You don't represent a bigger picture. You're writing on behalf of an entire vision (says you)! Are the opinions shared here common among everyone involved with this project?

Mike Gray
If you took copies of this thread to EVERYONE involved, would they just be OK with it?

Mike Gray
Also, again, if Rick has not been "removed" and "blocked" from this group I could almost guarantee that he would comment using his actual name.

Lakewood Observer
Because Rick has a wonderful family, from what I hear. Why would he want to be a troll, and put on so many fake names to attack people on one side, and then compliment them on another? There is no trashing of anyone friends or family, now i...f you want to see some of the stuff he wrote through aliases about the library, the city or those people, no problem. I find it wildly amusing that you gang up here, instead of holding others to a hire standard as well.See More

Mike Gray
Nobody ganged up on anyone. You and I are commenting back and forth with some input from Chris. The standard that you're talking about is what I would call "normal". I hold everyone to that standard. Is this not comfortable? We can meet at the Root or someplace else. The few times I've called your office I was told you would return my calls and I never heard back. I assumed that's how it always is

Mike Gray
Again: If Rick has not been "removed" and "blocked" from this group I could almost guarantee that he would comment using his actual name.

Lakewood Observer
Mike, I am pretty good at calling back, though it is my staff that handles calls. I am at the Root, but as of late in other cities working on various other projects. So that is not how it normally is. I cannot answer for Rick, nor would I try. Call the office now, I am here working on some graphics for the Kiwanis, another thing we do to help out Lakewood groups.

Lakewood Observer
To recap, I have found fault with Rick using fake names to attack people and tear the city down. But like some of what Rick does, and hear he has a great family. While you have found fault with me, the mission statement, the entire project

Lakewood Observer
and I am the negative one?

Mike Gray
Jim, you'd be pleasantly surprised to find that I am a very positive person. I haven't found "fault" necessarily, but I have found discrepancies between how you view what you do, and how the community views what you do. The issue lies within the fact that what you do affects the community.

Mike Gray
I'd like to discuss with you my ideas and my concerns, my hopes and my issues. Letting this ridiculous thread of comments spin into a verbal debate while you're doing graphic design is hardly appropriate. Can you be reached at 712-7070? I will package up all of my thoughts into something a little more formal and let you know.

Mike Gray
I would also check your group preferences and make sure that Rick isn't blocked.

Lakewood Observer
Mike, yes that is the LO number. Thanks for the time, the insight, and maybe you can nudge this project in a slightly different direction.

Mike Gray
LO page!

and i'd like to add, i missed the comment about supporting lakewood nonprofits... made me chuckle a little.

Jim O'Bryan

Re: what's with removing facebook comments?

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:08 pm

chris richards wrote:i wasn't too surprised when i got home from classes to see the following facebook comments removed. it said they were moved to the observation deck, but when i looked... hmm... no where to be found.

and i'd like to add, i missed the comment about supporting lakewood nonprofits... made me chuckle a little.

Chris, actually they are in public archive at the bottom of all sections.

You have to understand, I chuckled when I see people that have always been 100 %
negative about the Observer come out yet again to blow it up. That said, I do respect that
you at least use your real name.

As for the non-profits, we dwarf anyone else in this town for support given outside of the
Lakewood Hospital. I have never pulled a paycheck, though some Lakewoodites do, we
have never said no to a charity in the 7+ years since being formed. We underwrite many
various projects including some for the Historical Society, Chamber of Commerce. I believe
we were the 3rd largest contributor to LakewoodAlive, and still support them when asked,
though they have also written the Lakewood Observer checks for ads. Always appreciated.
Five years ago when Lakewood Alumni needed an ecommerce site, LO programmers did
it billing me $6,000, which I ate as I am a proud alumni of LHS.

We started Lakewood is Art, Bike Lakewood, MAMA, DADA, and LEAF, underwriting as
much as we were asked to do. We have also helped with school for Lakewood students,
helped numerous businesses and charities in other ways that we do not advertise or
always put our names on.

I do not see that part of the Lakewood Observer as amusing as much as our calling, and
one of the many reasons we were started.

Thanks for bringing it up, I hate talking about until asked.

peace

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
chris richards

Postby chris richards » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:35 pm

i did not come out to "blow up" the observer. if you read my comments, that's not what i said at all. i gave my opinion on the types of stories that are run in the paper as being pr and then on the way you handled a situation that was unprovoked.

you can say what you want about your support of nonprofits, but i've seen first hand how you treated lakewood is art. i'm not going regurgitate a topic i covered in a thread last year, but it certainly left me questioning your motives.

the question is, do the rest of the people working on the observer project, board members, staff, volunteers, approve of how you represent the observer in situations like these? to me, it is highly unprofessional.

i posted this so that others would know what happened. because regardless that you say those comments can be found, i can't seem to locate them, and your words should be recorded and viewed if you truly believe in transparency.

Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:55 pm

chris richards wrote:i did not come out to "blow up" the observer. if you read my comments, that's not what i said at all. i gave my opinion on the types of stories that are run in the paper as being pr and then on the way you handled a situation that was unprovoked.

you can say what you want about your support of nonprofits, but i've seen first hand how you treated lakewood is art. i'm not going regurgitate a topic i covered in a thread last year, but it certainly left me questioning your motives.

the question is, do the rest of the people working on the observer project, board members, staff, volunteers, approve of how you represent the observer in situations like these? to me, it is highly unprofessional.

i posted this so that others would know what happened. because regardless that you say those comments can be found, i can't seem to locate them, and your words should be recorded and viewed if you truly believe in transparency.

Chris

I treated Lakewood Is Art, something I started, exactly as I said I would, both privately
and publicly at every part of that deal. Maybe someone lied to you, but it was not me.
Why do you think you were sent to talk with me? Think about it?

What I would say my board would say based on the phone calls of support I got, after
you posted this. Would be I made it clear that I was speaking for Jim O'Bryan, not the
Lakewood Observer. When you were stalking me, did I hold you and all of your friends
accountable, or did I ask you personally about it? No difference really.

The Lakewood Observer is about owning your comments. I have often wondered why
I am not allowed to own mine, but everyone else is. Perhaps you and others hold me to
higher level of accountability. That is nonsense, at the end of the day I am human, and
all humans are sinners in the eyes of god, and many others.

Hell man, I do what I can, what more can I do?

Thanks for holding me to task, I appreciate talking about this stuff. I hope it make me and
you better people with better understanding of why we both do what we do. If not, so be it.

Excuse me got to go back to being positive.

Great day in Lakewood, for those that got outside.

Man I love this city.

peace

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

Werner Heisenberg

chris richards

Postby chris richards » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:07 pm

Jim O'Bryan wrote:When you were stalking me, did I hold you and all of your friends
accountable, or did I ask you personally about it? No difference really.

The Lakewood Observer is about owning your comments. I have often wondered why
I am not allowed to own mine, but everyone else is. Perhaps you and others hold me to
higher level of accountability. That is nonsense, at the end of the day I am human, and
all humans are sinners in the eyes of god, and many others.

i love how you continue to claim i was stalking you. you are hilarious. really. all because i called you out on parking your lo mini illegally on madison ave.

then, you, or your followers, viciously attacked my character on my personal blog. using fake names, with no accounts attached to them. oh wait... isn't that what you are complaining about now? people hiding behind fake names?

do i need to pull up those comments to refresh your memory?

and yes, if you are a public figure, people will hold you to a higher level of accountability. because you are the head figure for the lo project, and especially when you apply to be appointed for mayor, and lead people to believe that you will be running for the office.

and as for owning your comments... in this case, you DELETED THEM! how is that owning them? more like denying they were made.

Brian Pedaci

Postby Brian Pedaci » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:16 pm

Your hangups about Mr. Ulrick seem to be based on actions several years old. If you paid any attention to his latest endeavors, I think you'd find that he has seriously mellowed out and is now an asset to his community. The items he posts to his facebook and twitter feeds are invariably informative and helpful, and not intended to degrade or besmirch the name of Lakewood.

Your accusation of 'trolling' came about because he 'liked' a post of yours on Facebook. Isn't that over-reacting just a little?

No need to recite your litany about him - he annoyed me as well in those days, but I decided to give him another chance. I suggest you do the same.

Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:24 pm

Brian Pedaci wrote:No need to recite your litany about him - he annoyed me as well in those days, but I decided to give him another chance. I suggest you do the same.

Well Brian, let's just say, maybe, our moments are slightly different.

While I am more than ready to move, on, and you never see me trolling him, the
reverse cannot be said as true.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

Werner Heisenberg

chris richards

Postby chris richards » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:33 pm

Jim O'Bryan wrote:
While I am more than ready to move, on, and you never see me trolling him, the
reverse cannot be said as true.

you do realize he liked a photo on the LO facebook page, not your personal one... the LO facebook page is a public news source... is that considered trolling to approve of something you did?

and for the record...
http://toey8.livejournal.com/234503.html
this is what started jim's theory that i was stalking him... and his crew of unknowns that attacked me, not paying attention to and addressing my legitimate concerns and frustrations at the time.

it wasn't until i emailed one of them that had an account who responded to tell me who they were and what they were doing that i found out the LO crew was behind it. i don't know if i ever thanked DL for informing me about the identity of these people or not, but she really opened my eyes on how the LO really operates and treats concerned citizens.

Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:54 pm

chris richards wrote:and for the record...
this is what started jim's theory that i was stalking him... and his crew of unknowns that attacked me, not paying attention to and addressing my legitimate concerns and frustrations at the time.

My crew of unknowns?

I think it was the photos of my car around town and where I had been. But that was a
long time ago, glad to see you let it go and calmed down, as you have suggested for me.

Why did you not include the actual number of tickets I got, and continue to get, most
meters past due. NEVER in a handicap area, normally paid in 24 hours or less. I
provided those numbers, remember?

Oh, but thanks for bringing up another one. Westshore SWAT fallen heroes fund, three
years running on many levels.

I should make it clear that in all the years of living here I have never asked nor received
special attention or favors from any elected official, police, or civic leader.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

Werner Heisenberg

chris richards

Postby chris richards » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:03 am

Jim O'Bryan wrote:

My crew of unknowns?

I think it was the photos of my car around town and where I had been. But that was a
long time ago, glad to see you let it go and calmed down, as you have suggested for me.

Why did you not include the actual number of tickets I got, and continue to get, most

Oh, but thanks for bringing up another one. Westshore SWAT fallen heroes fund, three

I should make it clear that in all the years of living here I have never asked nor received

i never took photos of your car. i said i should have, that doesn't mean i did. and you didn't tell me about how many tickets you got until you mentioned it to me on the deck.

as for your unknowns, dl informed me that it was her, and others in the LO office making those comments on my blog. if that is incorrect, take it up with her. but i have her email that she sent confessing to messing with me, but "but not out of malice." besides, she's the one who continually requested that i should be photographically documenting your parking habits when i came across them.

i wouldn't have brought it up, if you hadn't referenced it in this thread. and to make sure people understood the whole story, there it is, for everyone to see...

that's owning your words.

Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:20 am

chris richards wrote:
Jim O'Bryan wrote:

My crew of unknowns?

i never took photos of your car. i said i should have, that doesn't mean i did. and you didn't tell me about how many tickets you got until you mentioned it to me on the deck.

as for your unknowns, dl informed me that it was her, and others in the LO office making those comments on my blog. if that is incorrect, take it up with her. but i have her email that she sent confessing to messing with me, but "but not out of malice." besides, she's the one who continually requested that i should be photographically documenting your parking habits when i came across them.

i wouldn't have brought it up, if you hadn't referenced it in this thread. and to make sure people understood the whole story, there it is, for everyone to see...

that's owning your words.

Chris

I log into your blog and answered your questions. You were using some weird name, I
found out you had an issue and weighed in to address them. Really it does not matter,
in the end you are still pissed at me, and I think you have talent. Life goes on.By the
way, nice show at bela dubby, I enjoyed doing the signage for FREE for it. I like helping
out good businesses too, and John and Jill are the bomb.

I see DL often, we have been friends since kindergarten, she is on the board. I will let
DL bitch to me in person or through her husband. But really, we are basically brother
and sister. Does she get pissed at me, sure, so does my real sister. Life has ups and
downs and believe it or not, I am not always the easiest person to get along with.

But I like to think I am fair, to a fault.

Chris, thanks again for weighing in, and using your real name.

peace

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

Werner Heisenberg

chris richards

Postby chris richards » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:36 am

All I can really say on this subject is that between cyber bulling, and now gangs of cyber bullies that descend on a person or group to spam, harm, teach them a lesson, etc.

like how your people ganged up on me on my personal blog? accusing me of being a drug addict, and being a pedophile?

or, how you, unprovoked, started calling rick a troll... wait where's the quote?

Nothing more than a cancerous little troll.

both seem like bully tactics to me.

as for your answering my questions on my blog, you did resolve my concerns about your parking. no one though took up my concerns at the time about the library. instead, everything was focused on your parking. am i still pissed? not really, but first impressions... and that first experience with the people at the LO was not a good one.

if anyone had looked at my profile, it had my first name, and links to my website, again, with my name on it. my identity wasn't hidden.

i certainly hope that first amendment right stuff you wrote wasn't directed at me. because if so, you didn't understand why i reposted a thread, which you had deleted (so much for not removing posts, oh, but that's facebook, so it must be ok). it shows you were avoiding the simple criticism that was laid out on the LO's facebook.

Heather Ramsey

Postby Heather Ramsey » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:54 pm

chris richards wrote:the question is, do the rest of the people working on the observer project, board members, staff, volunteers, approve of how you represent the observer in situations like these? to me, it is highly unprofessional.

From reading that, it seems that there were deletions in between several of those comments.

These "conversations" don't really make ANYONE look good, in my view.

Ideally, I suppose, it wouldn't have happened at all, or Jim would have been posting as himself, but, Facebook does not allow someone who runs a page to post as themselves on said page, or they didn't last time I posted on the page that I run...

Aside from this happening on the Observer's page, it doesn't really seem to have anything to do with the Observer.

Jim O'Bryan

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:06 pm

Chris

I do not believe anyone associated with this project on a management level would have
called you a drug addict. If so, I would like you to submit that and proof in writing to
the board, so they can take that under consideration.

Also what is between myself and others remains that way.

Under the advisement of others this thread will be moved to "Lakewood Observer Newspaper & Website" discussion area.

Chris, as always thank you for taking the time to clarify and add to this project.

peace

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

Werner Heisenberg

chris richards

Postby chris richards » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:41 pm

Jim, just pointing out your hypocrisy about claiming not to delete posts and LO people using fake names to attack and bully others. and showing how people at the observer treated me from the start when i raised concerns over issues that i felt seemed rather ethically questionable.

if you want me to submit the email from dl to the board, i will. you already know where the comments on my blog are. but this was years ago, and really, i'm just using it as an example of my experience with the observer project.

Return to “Lakewood Observer Newspaper & Website”