Some Of Our Best Talent Allowed To Leak Away?

For anything related to schools and education in Lakewood. Includes discussions, announcements, and schedules.

Moderator: Jim DeVito

Jim O'Bryan

Some Of Our Best Talent Allowed To Leak Away?

Postby Jim O'Bryan » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:06 pm

It was recently announced that while Lakewood City Schools are going through a Superintendent search from mostly outside our borders our own Asst. Superintendent of Lakewood Schools is one of two finalists in a North Ridgeville search for a Superintendent.

From the Chronicle Telegram: Two finalists announced in North Ridgeville superintendent search (UPDATED)
Read: http://www.chroniclet.com/education/2018/02/01/Two-finalists-announced-in-North-Ridgeville-superintendent-search.html

Asst. Superintendent Roxann Ramsey-Caserio

Lakewood has long had a standard though I believe ill-conceived of only hiring from outside the school system, and only hiring those with prior Superintendent experience. This seems to be a terrible system that throws continuity out the window, while not rewarding loyalty or even trying to build loyalty or continuity. Something all future people in the system will remember long and hard.

From what I was recently told by one board member, while other school systems are finalizing their choices, we have not even begun the interview process. This with us knowing months ago that Superintendent Patterson would be stepping down in July of this year. It would seem that Lakewood elected officials have worked harder on liquidating key assets than keeping key assets.

In the year of the woman, at a time when the schools are sailing smoothly in no small part because of the Asst. Superintendent, it seems odd to not hire that first woman Superintendent, break with norms and build from within.

Stay tuned.

Jim O'Bryan
Lakewood Resident

"The very act of observing disturbs the system."
Werner Heisenberg

"If anything I've said seems useful to you, I'm glad.
If not, don't worry. Just forget about it."
His Holiness The Dalai Lama
bentleymike

Re: Some Of Our Best Talent Allowed To Leak Away?

Postby bentleymike » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:32 pm

This would be a damn shame if she goes to another district. I don’t know Roxanne well, but the few interactions that I’ve had, I’ve walked away impressed. She’s been part of a highly successful administration with Jeff Patterson & the fact she is young, allows for her to lead a district for years to come.

Mike Bentley

Return to “Schools & Education in Lakewood”