Calleri For School Board

For anything related to schools and education in Lakewood. Includes discussions, announcements, and schedules.

Moderator: Jim DeVito

Woody Calleri

Calleri For School Board

Postby Woody Calleri » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:40 pm

Dear Neighbor:

For the last 18 years my wife and I have been proud to call Lakewood our home and the place that we have chosen to raise our 3 children - ages 14, 11 and 8. In that time we have seen a remarkable improvement in what our city has to offer and how it is viewed by outsiders.

I also know that for this to continue the residents of Lakewood have to step up and get involved. To give their time, expertise and knowledge where needed to strengthen our community, improve our public institutions and increase the attractiveness of our city.
Over the past several years I have made a concerted effort to give back to the community that has provided my family with so much. My par¬ents, like yours, taught me a set of principles to live by including believe in something bigger than yourself, serve your community, and work hard to build a neighborhood you can be proud of.

As such I have attended the vast majority of our school board meetings for the past 4 years and spent hours working with our teachers, administration and principals to improve our schools and solve the challenges we face. However, I have been unable to make meaningful change from the outside. That is why I am reaching out to you to announce that I have decided to run for Lakewood School Board.

I see this as an opportunity to use my unique combination of knowledge, skills and experience to meet the challenges facing our school district while ensuring that our students get the best our teachers have to offer. I also promise to do this in a transparent manner to ensure that I am a good steward of the trust the Lakewood taxpayers have given me.

I appreciate your willingness to consider my candidacy and I hope that you find that my background in education, small business, our community and finance has given me the knowledge and skills that will allow me to improve our schools, build our neighborhoods and contribute to our community.

Sincerely,

Gregory “Woody” Calleri - Because It’s Time For A Change

For more info: www. CalleriForSchoolBoard.info or email us at: info@calleriforschoolboard.info

Follow my candidacy at @Calleri4SB or facebook.com/CalleriForSchoolBoard
Attachments
2015 Calleri Palm Card Back.pdf
(58.94 KiB) Downloaded 814 times

Bridget Conant

Re: Calleri For School Board

Postby Bridget Conant » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:30 am

Hello Mr Calleri

Good luck on your run for School Board. Since most of the current school board members have endorsed the Lakewood Hospital/CCF plan to raze it and build a health center, I feel it's appropriate to ask your stand on this issue.

Thank you for responding and Making clear your position on this issue.

Phil Florian

Postby Phil Florian » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:55 pm

I am not sure if there is a conflict of interest but something could be said of the person moderating discussions about Lakewood Education on the local newspaper website also being a candidate for a position on the school board. I am not saying don't post your personal ads for the Board as I wish you well but shouldn't a moderator for a site like this be someone who doesn't have any skin the game, as it were? I am likely wrong about this but wanted to bring it up.

Good luck with your candidacy!

Take care,

Phil

"Possible explanations for why other people might not share our views:
They haven't been told the truth.
They are too lazy or stupid to reach correct...conclusions, or
They are biased by their self-interest, dogma, or ideology."
- Matt Motyl
marklingm

Postby marklingm » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:20 pm

Phil Florian wrote:I am not sure if there is a conflict of interest but something could be said of the person moderating discussions about Lakewood Education on the local newspaper website also being a candidate for a position on the school board.

Phil,

I don't think Woody is a moderator on the Deck or an editor for the paper.

Is he?

Or are you speaking of someone else?

Matt

Phil Florian

Postby Phil Florian » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:26 pm

Good lord! I thought I saw him as Moderator but it says Jim Devito. Read it wrong, I guess. I apologize.

Thanks for clarification!

Nothing to see here, move along.
:-)

"Possible explanations for why other people might not share our views:
They haven't been told the truth.
They are too lazy or stupid to reach correct...conclusions, or
They are biased by their self-interest, dogma, or ideology."
- Matt Motyl

Return to “Schools & Education in Lakewood”