Does An Armed Standoff In Avon Lake Resonate?

Forum strictly about development, urban planning, community programs ideas, and discussions about cities around the world and what they are doing right.

Moderator: Jim DeVito

Bill Call

Does An Armed Standoff In Avon Lake Resonate?

Postby Bill Call » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:18 am

http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2009/04 ... sui_1.html

An armed standoff in Lakewood had people saying: "The end is near!! Is the end arriving in Avon Lake?

When a police officer was killed in Twinsburg I didn't notice the people of that City exclaiming that their City was going to Hell. I wondered at the time what would the reaction in Lakewood would have been if it happened here.

Can a City have a morale problem? Can a City have a self image problem? And why is it that I sense a bit of satisfaction in the faces of ex-residents or non-residents when something bad happens in the City? Can an image be created? Do we need a morale officer? Does a morale officer boost morale? How about a propaganda officer?

Jim DeVito

Postby Jim DeVito » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:02 am

I would imagine that armed standoffs are just a part of any city with at least one crazy person and a bunch of guns. No need to get all bent out of shape about it.

Charlie Page

Re: Does An Armed Standoff In Avon Lake Resonate?

Postby Charlie Page » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:51 am

Bill Call wrote:And why is it that I sense a bit of satisfaction in the faces of ex-residents or non-residents when something bad happens in the City?

Maybe they need to validate their choice and reasoning of why they live where they live.....until something bad happens there.

Bill Call wrote:How about a propaganda officer?

Isn't that why the City has a PR person? :wink:

I was going to sue her for defamation of character but then I realized I had no character – Charles Barkley

Return to “Urban Dynamics”