Sharon Kinsella - Campaign of Hate

Moderator: Jim DeVito

Darrin Rosebrook

Sharon Kinsella - Campaign of Hate

Postby Darrin Rosebrook » Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:32 am

For those of you who haven't had the pleasure, this was in my LO inbox from Ms. Kinsella:

Frankly I had surgery yesterday on my eye - I have problems now until I'm healed.

I'm not afraid of you but you certainly are a waste of space.

You aren't big enough, bad enough or smart enough to take me on. But keep comin little boy.

At what point does the Lakewood Observer take responsibility for those like Sharon who feel no compuction in sending menacing messages to other posters?

I asked a simple question based on Ms. Kinsella's claim. This is how she is handling it.

Shawn Juris

Postby Shawn Juris » Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:52 am

Wow, and after only 10 posts. Guess you struck a nerve. Welcome to the observation deck, I guess.

Anne Steiner

Postby Anne Steiner » Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:57 am

I go to many message boards...most of them moderated. I'm all for free speech---but alot of times I think it gets really ridiculous around here.

I've seen people get banned on moderated message boards for waaaay less.

Grace O'Malley

Postby Grace O'Malley » Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:13 pm

Mr Rosebrook

Are you related to Ms Metelko by marriage?

Darrin Rosebrook

Postby Darrin Rosebrook » Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:50 pm

This from the Ed Fitzgerald thread, in response to Mr. Warren.

Mr. Warren,

Thank you for your lucid reply. I am Mrs. Metelko's son in law. I am also related to a lot of other people, but that not withstanding, my wife and I are considering a move and my interest in this community should be welcomed. Instead, I am attacked and maligned and for nothing more than trying to get to the facts of a matter.

When I signed up for this forum there was nothing in the agreement that required I disclose my family relationships, my political affiliations, my job, my location, my bank etc. However, it is apparent that some find those detail useful when trying to avoid factual discussions. That an investigation to find out WHO was posting was obviously much more important that WHAT he posted and HOW best to answer his question is an interesting dynamic. Ms. Kinsella's email to me was entitled: How's Columbus? An attempt to intimidate or at least communicate to me that she was "on" to me. What possible relevance could that have to the question/topic? None, but it fits right in with her style of communication.

Mrs. Kinsella and now her buddy Grace are masters of diversion as a tactic to avoid the real topic of conversation and now they've been caught. As I review their past posts it is a revelation as to tone and content. Keep it loud, keep it aggressive, but don't really say anything.

I think we can agree that successful debate is about facts and ideas. What Sharon and Grace are attempting to do is control the discussion by making it political and personal. Sharon's comments to me about "Ed" and my supposed affiliation with him are a case in point. My question was valid - her answer lacked integrity and somehow she thought my supposed relationship with a candidate she does not support would justify her deception. Now she will explain her spurious claim was justified because Mrs. Metelko is my mother in law. Specious argument and the purveyors of such are a disappointment and a waste of time.

The humorous thing about their posts is that if I were Sharon or Grace, I would never have answered with a simple answer; instead I would try to discuss how they are members of a pro-life group that supports the far right conservatives. And then everyone could have wasted time trying to get the "dirt" on the people involved rather than the answer to her question.

However, I don't work that way. I remain, Suzanne Metelko's son in law,

Darrin Rosebrook

Return to “2007 Lakewood Mayoral Election”